April 27, 2013

MY HOME MADE FLOWER CROWN




The other day I made my first ..real or fake.. FLOWER CROWN / FLOWER HEAD BAND. The first time I wore a real flower crown was at my BACHELORETTE party in Berlin. I loved it (check out pictures of it HERE) and immediately decided that the next summer I would wear real flower crowns all the time ...but then that just never happened. I have always loved flowers, as I KID I wanted to have my own flower shop and spend all day arranging flowers. As a TEENAGER I became very fond of artificial flowers too ..and used them to decorate my room. Also, as I have mentioned before, for a long time I had a dream to become a fashion designer .. and I still remember how much I loved THIS flower wedding dress by YSL ..worn by the amazingly beautiful LAETITIA CASTA. I think it's from 1999, maybe the year my passion for drawing dresses and decorating my room with fake flowers was at its height. 

Then the other day, I don't know what it was, maybe it had something to do with the fact that I have been spendng the last weeks in my CHILDHOOD BEDROOM at my parents house, maybe it had something to do with all the flower bands that are all over MEDIA these days .. but when I visited IKEA ..I finally did what I should have done a long time ago; I bought artificial flowers to make my own flower crown. They have so many different ones to choose from, almost like a little flower shop, so I just picked some of my favorites ..or first I wanted the PEONIES ..but I have such a tiny head and face that it would maybe not work .. so I picked some smaller ones that I liked. The next day I sat by the kitchen table, while the RAIN was pouring down outside, and made my flower crown. It was first when it was finished that I realized that my love for the YSL  flower wedding dress must had been there in the back of my mind all along, influencing how I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment