April 5, 2013

OCCHIPINTI

 _________MAYBE THE MOST IDYLLIC WINERY IN THE WORLD_________ 

.. and they have great wines too...


I will write some more about the winery OCCHIPINTI tomorrow ..but right now I just want to say that this place was for me a childhood DREAM come true ..not the wine part.. but the GARDEN, the FLOWERS and the TREES around. As I was taking the pictures I realized that it looked just like these fairy tale like fantasies I had as a CHILD. The shape of the trees, the gate, the meadows, the shadows. As a child I used to rent this book at the SCHOOL LIBRARY over and over again ..it was about a magical garden  ..and I really wished I could visit it and spend time there. In a way taking the pictures were not like my childhood dream ..because then I would have been wearing a beautiful DRESS, I would have a PUPPY ...and a basket of delicious fruit... and hang out there all day ..BUT it was a real life glimpse of a dream, a memory of childhood MAGIC.

2 comments: